Following highly praised releases by Hermeto Pascoal & Grupo, Leonardo Marques, Xenia Franca, Moons, and Gus Levy, 180g and the legendary Disk Union continue to explore the best of today’s Brazilian music scene with this wonderful album by Bruna Mendez. A chill, mellow and futuristic musical masterpiece with funky and electronic flavours, Corpo Possível leads the way to the new era of Brazilian R&B.
Bruna Mendez is a female singer/songwriter from the inland city of Goiânia, Brazil. Originally a lyricist, she began her musical career in 2008 to express herself as a musician, joining several bands in Rio as well as in her hometown Goiânia. After releasing her debut EP “Pra Ela” in 2014, Bruna released her debut solo album “O Mesmo Mar Que Nega a Terra Cede à Sua Calma” in 2016, which received critical acclaim in Brazil.
After this first album, Bruna also finds interest in electronic sounds and textures, and starts incorporating these elements into her music. Her second album here, “Corpo Possivel”, is the result of such an encounter between electronic beats, addictive melodies and a band and musicians playing a tight and propulsive sound. All of this makes Corpo Possivel an album standing out in today’s Brazilian music scene, where many extraordinary talents are produced. 180g and Disk Union are proud to release Corpo Possivel for the first time outside of Brazil. This is an essential LP by an artist promised to a bright future on the Brazilian and international scenes.
This album comes on 180g vinyl format.
– Recorded in Curitiba / PR / Brazil, between April and July of 2019 by Pedro Soares (JACK) at Chucreza Beats, Guigo Berger at Rec’n’Roll, Tiago Brandão at Voxdei, Vinicius Braganholo at Nico’s Studio; in Goiânia / GO by Braz Neme at UpMusic, and in Lisboa / Portugal by João de Carvalho at The LX Sound.
– Produced by Gianlucca Azevedo (JAN)
– Co-produced by Machado (tracks A3 and B1), Pedro Soares (JACK – tracks A4 and B2) and Lucas Romero (track B3)
– Voices: Bruna Mendez, Lilian Soares, Layane Soares and Machado
– Guitars: Bruna Mendez and Gianlucca Azevedo
– Bass: Machado, Leomaristi dos Santos, Rayssa Almeida, Nikko Novak and Gianlucca Azevedo
– Saxophone: Gianlucca Azevedo
– Drums: Pedro Soares, Eli Lage and Jean Ramos
– Vocal Producers: Lilian Soares and Gianlucca Azevedo
– Edit: Bruna Mendez, Gianlucca Azevedo and Amadeus Marchi
– Post-production by Bruna Mendez
– Mixed by Guigo Berger at Rec’n’Roll Studio (Curitiba / PR)
– Mastered by Anderson Guerra at Bunker Analog (Belo Horizonte / MG)
– Art direction: Junior Ribeiro and Bruna Mendez
– Album cover photo by Junior Ribeiro
– Graphic design: Félix B. Perini
– LP additional design by Nicolas Kerembellec (nker.fr)
– Executive Producer: Cecília Brito
– LP vinyl production by Greg Gouty (180g) and Yusuke Erikawa (Disk Union)
180GDULP06 – Manufactured and distributed by 180g in collaboration with Disk Union Japan, under license from Bruna Mendez.