*** NO SALES TO JAPAN ***
– Killer and cult electro funk hip hop musical U.F.O. from 1987 Japan!
– Highly sought-after record reissued for the first time since its original release
– Sound restoration, mastering and lacquer cut by Timmion Cutting Lab
– 180g heavy vinyl pressing, reverse board print
– Comes with a 4 pages insert including the original Japanese one, an interview with Hoodoo Fushimi (in English and Japanese), exclusive pictures and the album's lyrics translated in English
1987, Kanagawa, not so far from Tokyo, Japan. Minoru Fushimi teaches his high-school classes during the day. Back from work, he transforms into "Hoodoo" Fushimi, turns on the drum machines, the synthesizers and the sequencers, blends them with his own shamisen playing and builds a cult album: Kenka Oyaji is born and becomes a milestone in Japan's early hip hop and electro-funk history, now reissued for the first time since its original release, in collaboration with Hoodoo Fushimi himself. Essential!
Produced by Minoru "Hoodoo" Fushimi.
All songs written and arranged by Hoodoo Fushimi.
Hoodoo Fushimi: all lead vocals (except B5) and raps, lead and rhythm shamisen, lead and rhythm guitar, bass guitar, Casio, Roland and Yamaha synthesizers, drums, percussion, Drumtraks, DDD-1 and TR-606 programming, turntable scratching, and loud, obnoxious noises.
Akiko Ehara: vocal on B5.
Recorded at Fushimi's Home Studio on TEAC 22-4 recorder.
Original release: 21st of March, 1987, Syntax, MFX-2802.
LP reissue production by Greg Gouty, 180g.
Sound restoration, mastering and lacquer cut by Timmion Cutting Lab, Helsinki, Finland.
Original artwork and Japanese lyrics insert by Hoodoo Fushimi.
Original artwork restoration and additional design by Nicolas Kerembellec (nker.fr)
All pictures by Minoru "Hoodoo" Fushimi.
180GRELP01 – Manufactured and distributed by 180g, under license from Minoru "Hoodoo" Fushimi.